Saturday, April 28, 2012
1. Discover passion. Passion, especially from being "called" or doing right, trumps everything.
2. Develop strength. Strength of mind, soul, and body gives confidence, be "strong and courageous."
3. Past experiences. David beat Goliath partly because David had already conquered a lion and bear.
5. Find fit. Matching gifts and abilities with the task gives courage.
6. Growth mindset. See everything as a way to grow so that fear of failure goes away.
7. Model courage. There is nothing more powerful in teaching children than to see it in the lives of parents.
8. Manage risk. Anything important has risk, so learn to manage it instead of waiting to get rid of it.
9. Live life. Life is meant to be lived abundantly and with purpose, how sad to watch others live it.
10. Trust God. Faith in the Living God allows men and women to overcome fears and make a difference.
And there may be others. What comes to your mind?